Thursday, May 10, 2012
Much ado about web sites
Oh, and did I mention that if you play twenty questions ( Okay, okay, five questions) with me, you will be entered to win an advanced reader copy of Chameleon's Shadow, my June 11, 2012 release?
1) As readers, how much influence does an author's web site have on you?
2) Do you care if the visual aspects within the web site do not particularly match the type of book an author is known for?
3) What about review pages? What are your first thoughts when you go to a page dedicated to reviews of the author's books?
4) Do you like flash and sparkle when you visit a web site? Or perhaps you would rather the author simply get to the point of what books they have out and what those books are about?
5) How do you, the readers, feel when an author posts tid bits and photos of their pets, gardens ect.?
*Interesting, makes the author very personable?
*Confused, causing you to wonder what those things have to do with their books?
These are questions I have always wondered about, and as an author, would love to gain readers feedback on. And yes, in case you are wondering, I am one of those authors whose web site changes as often as the weather. Lol
Please share your thoughts; I would love to hear them.
Winner for the ARC of Chameleon's Shadow will be chosen Thursday, May 24, 2012 right here on this blog so be sure to check back then!