Wednesday, February 15, 2012

First Kiss: Morgan & Adam from Danube in Candlelight


Enjoy this first kiss excerpt from "Danube in Candlelight," Book 3 in the Budapest Moon Series, released 11 NOV 2011.
Smiles
Steph

************


Adam walked from room to room. The kitchen was small, but he could make his way around that. It had a gas stove and several cabinets.

The living room had a small couch, but the appeal, for him, was the view. He could see Buda Hill over the Danube and the King's Castle next to Fisherman's Bastian. He peeked into the bedroom. It contained a double bed just big enough for him.

"So, who's renting the apartment? Both of you?" Naxos asked.

Adam spun around. "Just me. Miss Duma is here to give me her thoughts."

"Do you have any questions?"

"How much is the rent?"

"Three hundred Korona with utilities. You have to pay for your own telephone, though, and the rent is due the first of each month."

Adam nodded. The amount was a bit expensive on his pay, but if he budgeted carefully, he should be able to make it work. That's probably why the apartment hadn't rented as quickly as Adam thought it might have.

"Do you mind giving me a minute or two to make my decision?"

"Not at all. I'll be downstairs. You can find me in the café behind the bar."


"Thank you," Adam said.

Naxos shut the door behind him.

Morgan looked at him quizzically. "I'm curious."

"Oh?"

"Why did you use 'Miss Duma' instead of 'Lady?' Are you ashamed of--"

Adam held up his hand. "Ashamed of you? No. Never. I thought it would put him more at ease. I'm sorry if I offended you." "No. I just thought--"

"Don't read anything into it, please. I wanted him to think we are ordinary people, that's all. I didn't want to call attention to us."

Slow understanding filled Morgan's expressive eyes. A bit relieved, he gestured around the living room. "So, what do you think?"

"It's small, but cozy."

He walked around the living room, surveying the area. "Cozy? I agree. And it's clean." Morgan approached the window and gazed out at the river. Adam couldn't help himself.



He walked right up to her and placed his hand on her elbow. "What are you looking at?"

"The river. It's so fast. The current is strong."

"It pulses with the heartbeat of our nation."

She turned to face him, her look contemplative. "It does. I'm proud to be Hungarian, even though we lost the war."

"So am I."

She glanced back out the window. "I wonder if we can see Vadvirágok from here." "I don't think so. It's higher on the hill, and more toward the west."

"I think you're right."

"Still, there's a great view of Fisherman's Bastian and St. Matthias' Church."

She smiled. "The view alone is worth renting the apartment."

"So you approve?" He leaned closer, catching the faintest whiff of her lavender perfume, but sadly, it was mostly covered by the medical scents from the hospital.

"I adore the view." She turned to face him. Their eyes met. He raked a heated gaze over her figure. She worried her lower lip and demurely turned back to face the window.

"I adore the view, too." Adam reached out and cupped her chin. An intense physical awareness flared between them.

She hesitated. "Adam--"

"You want this."

"This... what?"

"You want me to kiss you."

"You're pretty certain of that."

"I just know what you want."

"You are infuriating. How could you possibly know what I want?"

"Because it's in your eyes."

She placed her hands on his chest and admitted as much. Heat flared between them, actually making the space between them warm. His pulse spiked. Blood rushed to his manhood. He took her lips, savoring her taste. Her mouth hinted of tokaji. Sweet. Honeyed. They drank each other in. He curved his hand around the nape of her neck and pulled her closer. God, her mouth was so velvety and smooth.

Her body pressed against the length of him, her curves hugging his muscles. His manhood pressed against her thigh. She arched closer to him. How responsive she was. She placed her hands on his shoulders and deepened the kiss. He slipped his tongue past her lips, sweeping it into her mouth. Her hands threaded through his hair and practically undid him.

Want. Need. Lust. Desire... all slammed into him. He broke off the kiss, even though he didn't want to immediately withdraw.
She gazed into his eyes, and he swore the gold rings around her irises were as brilliant as a bonfire. Their first kiss had been an incredible betrayal of what he felt for her, and he was proud to let her know.

"Morgan..."

She curved her hand around the nape of his neck and tugged him closer. He trailed his lips along her jaw, down her neck.

"Adam..." she said, his name a husky groan on her lips.

He looked into her eyes. The heat between their bodies rose. The bonfire consumed her irises. Her eyes sparkled in the sun.

"Adam, your eyes are gold."

"So are yours. See what your kisses do?" he teased lightly.

He turned them toward the window to look at their reflection and was amazed at how their bodies had responded to such an intimate kiss.

Adam drew in a breath. What did it mean? Did their eyes betray their physical lust? Attraction? Or deeper emotions?
Morgan put her hand on his chest and took a step back.

"That was amazing, Adam, but I can't believe what happened to our eyes."

"They reacted to the kiss, to the heat -- they grew more gold, responding with us."

She nodded. "Feeding off our bodies..."

He placed a hand on her hip. "How do you feel?"

"My body is tingling. It's hard to describe. I've never felt like this before, but I know this -- it's everywhere. It's wonderful. I had no idea kissing you would make me feel so alive." Her voice grew soft, and was filled with awe.

He gently tucked a tendril of curly hair behind her ear. "It's in our makeup -- in our bodies. We're different, and we've known that since we've known each other."

REVIEWS:
5 Stars, Reader's Favorite:
This story is the closest I have ever come to reading a book that feels like a movie!

5 Hearts, Sizzling Hot Book Reviews:
Once again, Stephanie Burkhart has touched my imagination and with her writing brings 1922 Hungary to life. Danube in Candlelight is a very romantic, yet spicy read. This is a must read if you enjoy the paranormal werewolf stories or even if you merely enjoy a great romance.

5 Lips, Two Lips Reviews
I found the setting for Danube in Candlelight intriguing.The 1920 period Ms. Burkhart chose for this story lends it a wonderfully dynamic tempo.   The discerning reader will not want to miss reading Danube in Candlelight; I highly recommend it.
Book Trailer on You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgzUIHCRN0I

BLURB:
Set in Budapest 1922, The Hungarians are recovering from the war. Adam Varga is Hungarian to the bone and becomes an architect to help rebuild his nation. Morgan Duma returns from England also intent on helping to rebuild her country.

After a tragedy happens to her mother, Morgan discovers her father is a werewolf. She begins to question who she is, becoming more reckless, moredaring, and her choices more bold. When Zoltan Kristos, a known werewolf, requests Morgan accompany him to the summer ball, Morgan has to decide which man will best fit her life.
 PUBLISHER'S BUY LINK: http://stores.desertbreezepublishing.com/-strse-219/Budapest-Moon-Book-III/Detail.bok

AMAZON KINDLE BUY LINK: http://www.amazon.com/Hungarian-Moon-Book-Three-ebook/dp/B0061XJFG0/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1320188529&sr=1-1
BARNES & NOBLE NOOK BUY LINK: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/hungarian-moon-book-three-stephanie-burkhart/1107039692?ean=2940013659148&itm=1&usri=danube%2bin%2bcandlelight
ALL ROMANCE EBOOKS: http://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-hungarianmoonbookthreedanubeincandlelight-636082-139.html

FIND ME ON THE WEB AT:
WEBSITE:
http://www.stephanieburkhart.com

TWITTER:
http://twitter.com/StephBurkhart

FACEBOOK:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Stephanie-Burkhart-Author/149938795021166

GOOD READS:
http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4031660.Stephanie_Burkhart

11 comments:

  1. Nice excerpt, Steph. Love this story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun excerpt. It certainly captures the international flavor of this book and the gold eye rings are intriguing. I've read Steph's other books and highly recommend them.

    Maggie
    Murder in the Buff, coming in March
    www.maggietoussaint.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steph,

    I think my fevor reignited! That's it. Several of your books are going on my 'to read' list.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jillian, I'm so glad I can bounce my stories off you and that you enjoy them. Thanks for popping in.

    Maggie, I love going international in my settings. It's so much fun and I feel comfortable with it having spent time overseas.

    Nancy, you are a sweetie. I've got your books in my to read pile as well.
    Smiles
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so intriguing. Can't wait to read more. Glad you posted links to where I can buy this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great excerpt Steph (as usual!) I haven't read Book 3 yet, but it's on my TBR list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing as always! You always leave me wanting more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great excerpt and great first kiss. You gotta love a man who knows what you want and is not afraid to give it to you. lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Peggy, thanks for popping in. I'm glad my links were useful.

    Jenn, you should see my TBR pile. Sigh... overwhelming.

    JMo, my goal is to leave you breathless.

    Tami, Adam has a healthy dose of confidence which I think he inherited from his father. :)

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved the descriptive details in this book, the things the characters ate, the places they went--quite exotic. Great story.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cover is great. Have added this to my tbr wishlist. Great excerpt.
    Patricia
    panthers.ravens@yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete